Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dweezil Zappa

Dweezil Zappa is not considered a blues artist but he does have blues roots. I am just so amazed that he will have five performances in Southern venues that I felt obligated to include him on the blues page. Click the title link for a little wiki history. His partially completed homepage can be found here. His MySpace page can be found here. You can also hear samplings of his music at both these places. Zappa Plays Zappa tour dates can be found here. You can find an interview with Terry Bozzio on YouTube about the Zappa plays Zappa tour.

Zappa Plays Zappa--Dweezil and Frank Jam



Zappa Plays Zappa--Canarillo Brillo



See what I mean :)

3 comments:

fitzgerald said...

I bet his dad would be proud. Nice to see and hear what he is up to these days.

prin said...

I heard a telephone interview on Johnboy and Billy's "The Big Show" yesterday. You could tell that he thought the world of his father. He said that up until he decided to do the Zappa Plays Zappa tour that he basically played by ear. When he decided to do the show he had to go to school two years for the technical training to be able to play along with his father. He said he felt that his music had really improved because of the training. Whenever they put the link up for the interview I'll post it.

me said...

Just stopping off to say hi :) pretty quiet I occasionally get over to acc

Hope all is well with you

cheers
Td