Thursday, July 17, 2008

John Prine, Arlo Guthrie, Country Joe McDonald

Today I am needing a great big break from the politics of the day and all the worry and such. So from time to time I just need a dose of music that made me feel good back during a time when things were more simple for me. The music of the 60's. The times were not easy but the main difference was that people cared about the issues put in front of them, whether they be right or wrong, they cared. Today I think people for the most part have been so screwed by big business that they have just decided to concentrate on survival rather than change. I hope with all my heart that this is not true but for today I think I'll just chill and have a listen to some old friends.

John Prine--Illegal Smile



John Prine--Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore



John Prine--Paradise



John Prine--1980



Arlo Guthrie--This Land



Arlo Guthrie--Motorcycle Song



Arlo Guthrie--My Peace Amen:) Long but he talks about how it was growing up with Woody



Arlo Guthrie--Amazing Grace

Embedding disabled but well worth the click here.

Arlo Guthrie and Willie Nelson--Will the Circle Be Unbroken

Embedding disabled but well worth the click here.

I could not find a decent "Alice's Restaurant that did not have the embedding disabled, but you've all have already heard it and have the all the words to all 3 parts memorized... right?


Country Joe McDonald--I Feel Like (Woodstock 1969)



Country Joe McDonald--Feel Like I'm Fixing to Die




Ok, before this turns into Woodstock revisited and never ends I'll close for now :) Have a Great Day!!

No comments: